Monday, July 16, 2012

How I Started Working Out at Home - circa 2008

So there I was, a thirty year old woman, newly engaged, and looking for a small workout video to supplement my gym workouts at home when the weather refused to cooperate with my gym-going plans.

I was a member of a wedding chat board, and all the buzz that year was about Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred.


I ordered it, used it once, and promptly threw it on my pile of movies.

Over three years later, I started the process of building my own "home" gym and started to scout out exercise DVDs, and remembered that I, once upon a time, owned this.  I decided to give it another try, and am glad to report that I didn't give her video enough of a chance the first time around.  The short 20-ish minute workouts are challenging enough... but I swap out the tiny hand weight exercises for some more hardcore kettlebell lifts.  I usually tack on something else after doing this workout -- anything from using the treadmill, to some relaxing pilates, to something insanely high-intensity... you know how it goes!  Once you get started, you want to keep going!

1 comment:

  1. You should try Jillian's Fast Fix kickboxing...I prefer it to the 30 day shred. Plus, you kind of feel like a bad ass punching and kicking! I'm stopping by from the Monday Blog Hop and am now a new follower:) Would love for you to stop by Crazy Mama Drama!
    http://crazy-mama-drama.blogspot.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crazy-Mama-Drama/259491484156846

    ReplyDelete