Saturday, July 21, 2012

Workout, July 21, 2012

Workout: Bodyrock HIIT video

Today was a short workout day.  My family was off to a slower than usual start and I didn't have a full hour, or even half an hour, to devote to a workout, because we needed to get out of the apartment by a certain time.  I decided that the most sensible course of action was to do a HIIT workout (high intensity interval training) in order to get the quickest results in the shortest amount of time.

I used the Bodyrock video "What Makes You Beautiful" and by the end of the first of three cycles I was definitely feeling it in my thighs.  This workout is filled with squats, burpees, jumps and mountain climbers.  I love mountain climbers, because no matter how exhausted I feel I can knock out mountain climber after mountain climber without pause.  I will definitely do a post soon on mountain climbers.  They work the upper body, core, and leg muscles, not to mention cardio benefits.

When the instructor in the video used a sandbag, I used a 10 pound kettlebell with almost no modification to the movement -- just something to keep in mind if you don't happen to have a sandbag sitting around!

(A kettlebell set - photo link)

No comments:

Post a Comment