Thursday, July 19, 2012

Workout, July 19th, 2012

Workout: Bodyrock.tv video and 45 minutes on treadmill (3 incline, 3.2 mph)


Bodyrock posted a new workout today, so of course I tested it out right after dinner (a delicious and healthy Whole Foods dinner of cranberry and quinoa cakes, steamed broccoli and a cranberry, walnut and goat cheese salad).  The "Take Me For a Little Ride" workout, 12 minutes in length, incorporates some great basic moves -- lots of high knees, squats, push-ups, and plank moves.  When the instructors held sandbags or other items to add weight, I just used a 10-lb kettlebell (you can also use nothing at all and get a great workout too).


I then hopped on my treadmill, in order to catch up on some Real Housewives of Orange County, and set it to 3.2 mph.  Because of illness, I had to knock it back down to 3 mph a few days ago, so each time I am using the treadmill I add a .1 to the speed.


I should add here that I never really run, whether on a treadmill or outdoors.  As athletic as I am and strive to be, I have never been a runner.  If you also hate running, remember there are plenty of other things you can do.  Walking is great exercise too, especially if you are just starting out or the mere thought of running makes you want to die.  Look at me -- I was a recruited college athlete, a swimmer, and I literally could not break an 8-minute mile no matter how hard I tried, even at the peak of my athleticism.  I used to joke that I could probably speed-walk faster than I could run!

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    I'm Shar!
    Your newest follower from the blog hop!
    Come visit me over at http://sharmartinez.blogspot.com

    LOVE the RHOC! And NJ esp! :p Right now it takes me about 13-15 mins to run a mile. =/ Looking forward to reading more!

    xoxo ♥ -Shar

    ReplyDelete